Cupid may be lining up arrows today but it was storm clouds that had the best aim yesterday in La Plagne. It snowed more or less all day – at times with white-out conditions – bringing around 25cm fresh snow to the hill.
Today, the sun has reappeared meaning we’ve got near perfect conditions – and all with the omnipresent sound of avalanche blasting in the background as the security crews work at making the hill safe. In this slightly topsy-turvy season where it seems nothing is predictable, this fresh snow will work wonders at refreshing our already substantial base.
The snow underneath is now pretty hard in places so expect some scoured spots in the very high traffic areas. However this new dump really is the most welcome Valentines gift and also arrives just in time for the start of the UK mid-terms.
Get in touch with our reporter Stuart Hamilton on his new site iRide, featuring videos, guides, playlists and more. Stuart also produces SnowGuru, SnowGuruVR, SnowboardApp and SkiApp – a range of Android skiing and snowboarding apps that improve your time in the mountains.
More La Plagne Insights...
- A farewell to the 2019/20 ski season in La Plagne
- French ski areas close on 15th March 2020
- Great conditions in La Plagne as spring approaches
- Introducing Huski - A meal delivery company in La Plagne
- La Plagne Dump Alert - 6th March 2020
- The best week of the ski season in La Plagne