This ski mountaineering race takes place in March on the old training route of the 7th Battalion of Chasseurs Alpins (aka the "Diables Bleus" or blue devils), the elite mountain infantry of the French Army.
Competitors must complete a 6.3km course with 1000m elevation, or smaller course of 4km with 450m vertical gain. Both routes take them to the top of the mountain before skiing back to the bottom again. The event can also be entered in pairs.
The races start at 09:00. Entry costs €15 (€20 for pairs). Click on the website button to register.
This race is the penultimate stage of the La Plagne Rando Challenge, comprising four different events throughout the season:
16th January: La Montée des Raveillus Race - Champagny en Vanoise
1st February: La Course des Dahus - Plagne Montalbert
25th March: La Rando by NIght - La Plagne Centre
More La Plagne Insights...
- Travellers welcome to La Plagne from June 15th 2020
- Flights to Geneva restart in June 2020
- A farewell to the 2019/20 ski season in La Plagne
- French ski areas close on 15th March 2020
- Great conditions in La Plagne as spring approaches
- Introducing Huski - A meal delivery company in La Plagne