This ski mountaineering race takes place in March on the old training route of the 7th Battalion of Chasseurs Alpins (aka the "Diables Bleus" or blue devils), the elite mountain infantry of the French Army.
Competitors must complete a 6.3km course with 1000m elevation, or smaller course of 4km with 450m vertical gain. Both routes take them to the top of the mountain before skiing back to the bottom again. The event can also be entered in pairs.
The races start at 09:00. Entry costs €15 (€20 for pairs). Click on the website button to register.
This race is the penultimate stage of the La Plagne Rando Challenge, comprising four different events throughout the season:
16th January: La Montée des Raveillus Race - Champagny en Vanoise
1st February: La Course des Dahus - Plagne Montalbert
25th March: La Rando by NIght - La Plagne Centre
Dates for this event
More [resname] Insights...
- La Plagne Dump Alert - 18th January 2020
- Fresh snow coming to La Plagne this weekend
- Gloriously sunny weeks in La Plagne
- First snow report of 2020 from La Plagne
- La Plagne in January 2020 - What weather to expect & what to do
- Happy New Year from [resname]!