This lively bar and eatery is located just one hundred metres from the bus stop at La Plagne Bellecôte, next door to Intersport, opposite the Mouflon Restaurant. It was renovated in 2016 in a retro style including a comfy Chesterfield.
Everyone is welcome and they offer a warm and friendly atmosphere in comfortable surroundings which is just perfect for some fun packed Après Ski sessions or a great night socialising.
Sample their large selection of draught beers - Peroni, Grolsch, St Stefanus (Biere d’Abbaye) and Meantime London Ale (yes real ale on draft all the way from Greenwich) plus their “rotating” barrel. Or if your tipple is Guinness then they have the cans with widgets plus bottles of Magners, Heineken, Desperados, Corona and Leffe.
So what’s new for season 19-20 I hear you ask? Well they have added a “late night” happy hour from 23:00hrs to 00:00hrs to go with their Après Ski Happy hour from 17:00hrs to 18:00hrs PLUS this season sees the return of live music once a week so be sure to check out our Events Calendar to see who’s playing and when. This is in addition to their existing popular pub quiz and karaoke night.
The Spitting Feathers also serve great value tasty food continuously. You can enjoy a mouth-watering selection of snacks and meals including house Nachos, a delicious home-made Curry, crispy Fish & Chips and the French classic of Beef Bourguignon as well as different burgers.
If you love your sport, this bar is also the place to come. They show all major (and minor) sporting events, including Premier League, on their two independent TV systems, which allows them to show two different matches at once throughout the season. If the regular event nights such as Karaoke, Pub Quiz, Bingo and video Horse Racing evenings is not enough to keep you entertained, they also have a good selection of board games suitable for all ages.
The bar offers a courtesy lift service so should you decide you want to do some serious Après Ski, they can drop you back to your accommodation or alternatively, should you wish to join the party later in the evening they are happy to come and collect you (it’s advisable to ask first as they run a transfer business too so the vehicles and drivers are not always available).
For further details and information use the links on this page or visit the Events Calendar for the latest details of what's on at Spitting Feathers this winter.
In the winter, the bar is open 7 days a week:
- Monday to Friday: 16:00 till late
- Saturday, Sunday & bad weather days: 12:00 till late
- "Great place to watch sport and enjoy a drink. Friendly owners and staff and fantastic curry! We visited spitting feathers every night of our holiday!" - Trip Advisor
- "Although we are staying higher up the mountain in Belle Plagne, we were recommended this bar. Well worth the short trip in the gondola. Good beer (Meantime) and not too expensive. Good atmosphere. We did not eat here but food looked excellent and reasonably priced." - Trip Advisor
- "A must visit. Welcoming staff, Fantastic food and a great atmosphere. No better place for Après ski!!" - Trip Advisor
- "Great place to stop off as you finish on the slopes or before supper or after supper or on arrival at resort or before leaving resort or... Prices are unusually keen for the area. Play pool, connect 4 or any of the other games. Try the food - nachos with your drink or dish of the day - it's always great. Whatever you do though - TRY THE FISH AND CHIPS." - Trip Advisor
- "We have never been to La Plagne before and as a few drinks après ski is very important to us our rep recommended Spitting Feathers... We were not disappointed. Cheap meals, really scrummy fish and chips one night, and really cheap Peroni... Yes you Brits!!! It was the same price as other beers. Loads of bar games to play, we spent hours one evening playing 'shut the box'. Tim, the owner, was one of the nicest chaps we've met." - Trip Advisor
- "Have been here every time I visit La Plagne and it is a great bar. Comfortable to hang out in and have a few beers après ski and a great place to catch all the premiership games on big screen over a decent meal also... friendly staff and happy hour... cant beat it!" - Trip Advisor
- Free WiFi
- Games available
- Satellite TV
- Immeuble 2044-45