Bastille Day is celebrated across the whole of France with a bang...well, several in fact, fireworks always feature heavily.
And the residents of La Plagne celebrate this national holiday with as much enthusiasm as the rest of the country. Various activities are held across the city on the 14th, in memory of the storming of the Bastille on the same date in 1789. Traditionally the fireworks display normally starts off between 22:00 and 23:00.
Celebrations are also generally free of charge.
More La Plagne Insights...
- Safety measures in La Plagne winter 2020/21
- Travellers welcome to La Plagne from June 15th 2020
- Flights to Geneva restart in June 2020
- A farewell to the 2019/20 ski season in La Plagne
- French ski areas close on 15th March 2020
- Great conditions in La Plagne as spring approaches