Snow has been falling over the slopes of La Plagne since early October, with further accumulations through November, resulting in an already-impressive cover across the area. The resort is currently reporting a base of 15cm in the villages with over a metre up high – very encouraging considering we’re still one week from opening day.
In many ways, this season is shaping up in a similar style to the epic winter of 2017/18, a year which saw record-breaking snowfalls across the Tarentaise resorts and, in particular, La Plagne. With longer-term outlooks hinting at continued low temperatures with more snow, things couldn’t be in better shape for such an early stage pre-season.
More La Plagne Insights...
- La Plagne Dump Alert - 6th December 2020
- When is La Plagne opening for the ski season 2020/21?
- Top hotels in La Plagne for winter
- Safety measures in La Plagne winter 2020/21
- Travellers welcome to La Plagne from June 15th 2020
- Flights to Geneva restart in June 2020